Old City of London Guided Walking Tour - Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €49 - €115
- Youth: - €49 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €49 (9 and under)
- 2.5 hours
- Meet by the ""Temple Station"" Tube Entrance, London
- Discover London’s historical origins on the site of its earliest settlements in the square mile known as the City.
- This fully private walking tour will trace the City’s roots to Romans settled here two millennia ago and discuss the other historical marvels hidden in the tangle of streets beneath the skyscrapers – including the famous Gherkin – of Europe’s largest financial and urban hub.
- This tour is in English.
Private Walking Tour
Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
Duration 2.5 Hours
Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Full Tour Description
Discover London’s historical origins on the site of its earliest settlements in the square mile known as the City. This fully private walking tour will trace the City’s roots to the Romans who settled here two millennia ago and discuss other historical marvels hidden in the tangle of streets beneath the skyscrapers – including the famous Gherkin – of Europe’s largest financial and urban hub.
During this 2.5 hour tour, you will learn about the Roman settlements fortified by the wall built in 220 AD – and still visible today. Relive scenes from The Da Vinci Code at the Temple Church, former headquarters to the Knights Templar. Move forward in time through to the Middle Ages when the iconic Tower of London rose over the City. Discuss the Great Fire of London in the shadow of the Monument, dedicated to its memory. Discover the magnificent domed St. Paul’s Cathedral, wedding hall to Charles and Princess Diana in 1981. Stroll the River Thames and plan your route out of the City while learning about the famous Tower Bridge and more recent Millennium Bridge. Explore the streets, squares, pubs, and secrets of London’s most historical district on this enlightening and entertaining excursion.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
Meet your guide here!