Combo: British Museum + Westminster City Guided Tour - Semi-Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €125
- Youth: - €105 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €85 (9 and under)
- 5 - 5.5 hours (including a lunch break)
- Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the Main Gate in front of the British Museum.
- Whether you’re a hardcore history buff or just curious as to how London became one of the world’s most important cities, you’ll be more than satisfied after this semi-private, 5-5.5 hour tour.
- It combines the vast collection of the British Museum with the urban landscape and history of central London.
- This tour is in English.
Semi-Private Walking Tour & Museum Tour
""Semi-Private"" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
Professional Tour Guide
Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Full Tour Description
Whether you’re a hardcore history buff or just curious as to how London became one of the world’s most important cities, you’ll be more than satisfied after this semi-private, 5-5.5 hour guided combo tour. It combines the vast collection of the British Museum with the urban landscape and history of central London. Join a semi-private tour of no more than 8 guests and maximize your time in London before heading to the pub.
Start at the British Museum and explore its extensive collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from every corner of the world. Our guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits. Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning software. Leave the tour with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
After a break for lunch, the discoveries continue in London’s streets. Learn about Chaucer at Westminster Abbey and bump into the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street. This small group tour will pass through the lush green parks, bustling crowds, and manicured squares that make up this fascinating urban landscape. Discuss Big Ben at the House of Parliament and pass through the famed Trafalgar Square. Our guides will share stories about monarchs and leaders, like Queen Elizabeth II and Winston Churchill, while also taking advantage of your local guide, who will be more than willing to share their favorite addresses as you explore together. And yes, they can even tell you where to go for a pint and some fish and chips – there’s some history to learn there as well!
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
TOUR IN ENGLISH
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
- This is a tour of the permanent collection only
Meet your guide here!
Meeting Point Information
Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the main gate of British Museum (outside the gates of the museum by the red telephone booth situated to the left of the main gates of the museum) 10min before starting time
- Note: In case you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide directly (text, whatsapp or call) an email with their contact details will be sent the night before of the tour
By Car: 51 Great Russell St, London WC1B 3BA, UK