British Museum Guided Tour - Semi-Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €69
- Youth: - €59 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €49 (9 and under)
- 2 - 2.5 hours
- Meet by the Red telephone booth closest to the Main Gate in front of the British Museum.
- Take a break from art museums and explore the mummies and historical artifacts on a semi-private tour of the British Museum.
- Our charming guides will take up to 8 visitors through this world-class collection during our 2-2.5 tour.
- This tour is in English.
Semi-Private Museum Tour
""Semi-Private"" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
Professional Tour Guide
Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Full Tour Description
Take a break from art museums and explore the mummies and historical artifacts on a semi-private guided tour of the British Museum. Our charming guides will take up to 8 visitors through this world-class collection during our 2-2.5 tour.
The extensive collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from every corner of the world. Our guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits.
Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning software. Leave the tour with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
- This is a tour of the permanent collection only
Meet your guide here!
Meeting Point Information
Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the main gate of British Museum (outside the gates of the museum by the red telephone booth situated to the left of the main gates of the museum) 10min before starting time
- Note: In case you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide directly (text, whatsapp or call) an email with their contact details will be sent the night before of the tour
By Car: 51 Great Russell St, London WC1B 3BA, UK